From:                   Bob Showalter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The parsing of the command line and preparation of the argument list
> is a function of the shell or command interpreter. Perl just takes the
> argument list given to it via the execve() call.

This is not true under Windows.
There the program doesn't get a list of parameters, but a "command
line" and has to parse it itself. Which is usualy done by calling
some function from C runtime libraries.

It is done for you automaticaly, but it is within the program, not
outside.

BTW, it is possible to access the raw command line even after it was
parsed. Which is what G.pm does. ( http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz/#G )

Jenda
=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me