On Wednesday, June 12, 2002, at 06:24 , Akens, Anthony wrote:

> Using export TMOUT kills the tty, but the application
> (lovely thing that it is) stays up in the background,
> unattached.  Thus creating an even more difficult beast to
> track down and, well, kill.  IBM's response?  (In summary) Tell
> the vendor their app is not responding correctly, and have em
> fix it.  Or write a shell script to logout the idle users.
>
> Hence our original script, and my attempt to convert it to perl.
>
> Tony Akens

So if you have exported the TMOUT - then the user shells log out,
but does this vendorApp still carry the memory of the ttyline???
When it does a psuedo backgrounding of itself???

{ hey it did detach itself from the login shell.... }

At which point you may wish to grab in the whole of the procTable
Data and check for the marooned applications... but that would
mean checking for things that would not have a controlling terminal
as well....

ciao
drieux

---