Alaric --

...and then Alaric Joseph Hammell said...
%
% I am very new to perl and wondering if there is something in Perl similar
% to header files in C? Please direct me.

In one viewpoint, no; everything you need for i/o or file management or
whatnot is already a part of perl.

In another viewpoint, yes; perl has modules which implement subroutines
and class methods which, while not exactly the same, are used much like
header files (via "use" or "require" instead of "include").  You can even
duplicate a pure include to do some defining with a use statement if you
write the module as such.

If you don't have a copy of "The Camel Book", Programming Perl from
O'Reilly, you ought to get it.  There are some other perl tutorials on
the web, and many were just mentioned in the past few days, so check the
archives as well as the search engines and learn.perl.org for more info.

%
% Thanks,
% Al

HTH & HAND