<snip>
> This is one of the reasons I gave up on "-w" a long time ago. You had
> to program around the $^%&@ "use of undefined value" warning constantly.
>
> Of course, Perl 5.6 introduced the "no warnings qw(uninitialized);"
> construct, which helps that problem, at the expense of some typing...
</snip>

I only use the warnings pragma during development and testing.  It is
better to know you are using an undefined value and make sure that that
is acceptable than to allow one in where it doesn't belong.  You might
also consider running

perl -MO=Lint script.pl

Before starting your unit testing.  See "perldoc B::Lint" for more info.

--
Today is Setting Orange the 19th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3168
Kallisti!

Missile Address: 33:48:3.521N  84:23:34.786W