on Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:26:27 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Nigel Peck) wrote:

> I realise that a Perl script is comiled just before it is run, and
> that there is no need to pre-compile a Perl script. However, it is
> the only way that I can think to be able to leave a Perl script at
> a customer's site without them being able to see/change the code.

Did you consider ActiveState's PerlApp (part of their Perl Dev Kit),
which can compile a Perl program to an (optionally freestanding - i.e.
no need for a Perl installation at the customer's site) executable?

It works for me (but don't expect any performance boosts).

--
felix