On Monday, June 24, 2002, at 09:15 , LoBue, Mark wrote:
[..]
> Upgrading perl isn't always an option, I would love to use 5.6.1.

Yes, Intellectually I understand this,
so please forgive the 'flippancy' in my
general response - I somewhat take the approach
that since it is available for 'macs' - then it
must be out for everyone....

> I cannot get it to compile on one of my systems running HP-UX 9.01.  I
> really have a need for IO::Socket, but that isn't in 5.001.  The HP-UX 10.
> 20
> binary doesn't work either.
[..]

oooh.... sorry - that hurts.

I don't have access to any HP-UX boxes presently,
so I can not speak directly to the problem,
but have you been able to check with:

        http://hpux.connect.org.uk/

I presume that you have tried their HP-UX 10.20 PA-RISC
distribution in the one case....

Or perchance this is the time to talk to management
about why it is time to just upgrade to HP-UX 11.20
where you should get it as a part of the base install????

ciao
drieux

---