Leila --

...and then Leila Lappin said...
%
% Hello all,

Hi!

%
% Please give me some tips and ideas on how to use Perl to create a GUI if that's
possible at all. The GUI I'm looking to create is a simple one but it has to run stand
alone. It will be the front end for invoking another Perl script that connects to a
data base and does some queries and updates.

I'm sure it's possible; have you seen the sigs that some of these nuts
crank out? :-)  That doesn't mean it would be easy, though.

perl is mostly about manipulating data and not so much about any sort
of GUI or window thing.  On the other hand, for instance, if your perl
script is running on a web server and you point a browser to it, that
is sort of like a GUI and it's all right there for you, and it's easy
to spit out a little HTML code to make a framework and put up a login box.

%
% Simply put, I need to write a scripts that allows me to invoke another Perl script
and has a graphical user interface.

Invoking another script is no problem.  perl handles calls like that
quite nicely.

Outputting graphics is not exactly a basic operation :-)  From my little
experience, I would recommend looking into Tcl and Tk to do that.  You
might surf over to search.cpan.org and put those into the search box and
see what turns up; it looked interesting to me.

%
% Thank in advance for your input and advice.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]