On Wednesday, June 26, 2002, at 02:23 , Paul Johnson wrote:
[..]
> I know, since two of my modules do that :-)
[..]

Volks,

I just had the coffee break moment Up And SMACK me in the head.

The Goal - a simple unified standard for perl module management,
        hence - "could this module hang in the CPAN/PAUSE?"

The Side Effect - Vendors could open source and distribute their
        site_local perl modules through the CPAN

  Weird Side Effect - Vendor's upgrading their internal servers/hosts
        with the CPAN.pm module....

ciao
drieux

---