On Sunday, June 30, 2002, at 10:32 , Connie Chan wrote:

> This post is not talking about $b++, but I suddenly recalled a memory...
> once upon
> a time, a perl guy told me should avoid to use $a and $b as a var, because
> we will
> use this for sorting an numeric array ( i.e. $a<=>$b )... and.. that's
> all.

quite well played!!!!

What we 'play with' in demo code should never be confused
with what we should DO with Production Grade Code....

the second most important rule - in the long run - is
that one should name variables in a way that will help
you remember WHY you are looking at

        $got_back_from_FunkCall

remember folks we paid extra to get that "_" accepted
as 'internal' to the 'variable name' - and not as an
'error' case....

ciao
drieux

---