Hi, all --

I sure have missed the group while I've been gone :-)  Time to get back
to learning...

I use both bash and tcsh and have some extended $PATH dirs as well as
aliases and the like, and I want to maintain ONE config file instead of
two.  My first project is setting $PATH, since I also need to call that
from cron jobs and the like (I figure I'll rewrite alias files after
changes and then source them as usual, but if I can avoid sourcing path
files that would be nice).

I want to add to $ENV{'PATH'} in the parent process from my script.
Generally I know this isn't allowed, but I wonder if there's a way to do
it.

If worst comes to worst, I could just eval the output, but it sure would
be cleaner to call the script and have it work its magic :-)

TIA & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]