<snip>

> Could you ask them if they would install (or have already installed)
> DBI and DBD::CSV or DBD::File?
> You could then convert your database to flat files or CSVs on your
> side (by a Perl script that would just connect the Access via
> DBD::ODBC, the CSVs/Files, and would copy all tables), upload the
> files and use them as a database.
>
> Even better option might be DBD::SQLite. That's a "whole" SQL
> compatible database in Perl module. It is quicker than
> DBD::CSV/DBD::File and the whole database is just one file, just like
> Access.

With respect to asking them to install those various modules, if my
understanding is correct, even if you can't get htem to install the
modules you should be able to install them into your personal file space
and call them from there, though there may be compilation issues (of the
modules themselves that is), and manipulation of @INC, etc. I defer to
the "elders" on this matter, though it worked for me when my hosting
provider wouldn't install Email::Valid (granted this is a much simpler
module).

http://danconia.org