On Monday, August 19, 2002, at 02:40 , Nikola Janceski wrote:

> host1 is one host. the only host that I have been testing this on.
> via command line it works.
> via rsh command line it doesn't.
> via rsh to command prompt, then command lining it, it works.

if you do an

        rsh farhost

you force a 'login event sequence'.

as such

        rsh farhost
        telnet farhost
        rlogin farhost

are essentially the same....

what you may want to think about is making sure
that your perl script 'imports' all the env foo....

or you will need a shell wrapper script to make sure
that you have that environment sorted out PRIOR to
actually invoking the perl code itself....

the ugly here of course is that if you have installed
objects such as the libfoo.so in non-standard places
and/or need to access environmental variables........