Ok since I'm new to Perl I've written this fairly simple script to add
number from a text file, I have about 20-30 of these file with different
names and I would like to know how to add this to my script, I know  how to
do it  korn shell but in a perl script I'm really now sure, can  anyone
point in the direction, Thanks for all your help..

script:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

my $total = 0;

open(FILE,"/usr/local/logs/onlines/mtd_temp") || die $!; # I have about 20
mtd_temp1,2,3, etc
$total += $_ while(<FILE>);

close(FILE);

my $value = 100;