From:                   "William Martell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I am trying to install this module for mysql and I am having trouble
> with it.  I have included my makefile record and the error message I
> am receiving for your review.
>
> I would appreciate any help anyone can offer me.  Thank you very much
> for your assistance.  Have a great day.
>
> William
> This is the error information that I get:  Can anyone tell me what
> this means?  and what can I do to correct  it???

> C:\>perl C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile
> Semicolon seems to be missing at C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile
> line 48. Bareword found where operator expected at

You are NOT supposed to run the Makefile with perl!
You should use make, nmake or dmake (and you have to tell perl for
which one to generate the makefile for if the makefile was generated
by
        perl Makefile.PL
)

Also you need a C compiler for this, do you have it?

If so try to chdir to the C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14 directory and
run
        nmake
or
        make
(without parameters)

HTH, Jenda

> C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile line 54, near "$(AR"
>         (Missing operator before AR?)
> Bareword found where operator expected at
> C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile line 54, near ") rcs"
>         (Missing operator before rcs?)
> Bareword found where operator expected at
> C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile line 57, near "$(CC"
>         (Missing operator before CC?)
> Scalar found where operator expected at
> C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile line 57, near ") $("
>         (Missing operator before $(?)
> Bareword found where operator expected at
> C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile line 57, near "$(CFLAGS"
>         (Missing operator before CFLAGS?)
> Scalar found where operator expected at
> C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile line 57, near ") $("
>         (Missing operator before $(?)
> Bareword found where operator expected at
> C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile line 57, near "$(STRIP"
>         (Missing operator before STRIP?)
> syntax error at C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile line 49, near
> "OBJS" Unrecognized file test: -L at
> C:\perl\lib\dbf2mysql-1.14\Makefile line 57.
>

> --

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me