Hi list,
2
Right, I have a few (6 to be exact) cgi scripts that
run (not at the same time) on our web server, all 6 do
a variety of different things like parsing data from a
csv file and creating a suitable output html format
and redirecting to other pages.

Our server has crashed and there seems to be a general
consensus that the number of scripts being run is
causing the problem as the server also runs a Content
Management System alongside. I've gone through my
scripts to see if I've done anything silly, but the
most advanced of all the scripts simply opens a csv
file and parses it...i usually have other cgi scripts
that use the csv file for validating the data, but I
have closed each filehandle...

Can anyone think of what types of problems very basic
cgi scripts can cause on a server?

Thanx
Ben