>print FILEHANDLE (list, of, stuff), next if (condition);

        Why are you using a comma operator here and not just a semi-colon
to terminate the print statement? I.e. why not:

print FILEHANDLE (list, of, stuff);
next if (condition);

        In both cases, the return value of print() is getting tossed and
the 'next if (...)' is not dependent on the print statement.

        ---Larry

| Larry Coffin, G.P.H.                                     Watertown, MA |
| http://www.PointInfinity.com/lcoffin/        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

-