I was using $\ globally for a larger script, but it adverse affects.
Thanks to you and Jenda I now know that local doesn't act exactly like my.

local() should be explained by it globally changing a variable but only to
the end of the file/block/eval and
my() makes a variable only exist, uniquely, within the encloseing
file/block/eval.

Thanx to all for clearing that up for me.

:)

Nikola Janceski

....like you walked out of the desert with the camel on your back.