well i could spend ample amount of time testing code for someone else. like
everyone else here, i'm only offering suggestions on how a problem can be
overcome. seriously, if someone is trying to create a perl script, they'll
have at least some knowledge in perl on how to fix errors if something isn't
right. if the code i submitted doesn't work, then my bad. but the recipient
of the code can insert it into their code, and if it doesn't work, perl will
spew errors on what's wrong, and where, so they can fix it.

dan