Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
There is no problem in this line ( only 'yourdomain' is not a qualified domainname I hope you have taken care )

There must be some other problem in the code or otherwise.
If you can change the domainname to your own server and start smtp server in debug mode and check you can learn better

I did replace the domain reference with valid domains using variables.

Is there someting in the Net::Config that I can set so I don't have to do this myself in the code?

Tom Allison wrote:

I'm trying to connect to a server while using a HELO <domainname> option, but no luck

$smtp = Net::SMTP->new("yourdomain", Hello => "mydomain");
gives me:
Invalid argument at ./verify.pl line 92, <DATA> line 16.

--
When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.
		-- Winston Churchill, on formal declarations of war