An equally valuable answer to my question would be a good online tutorial
about using perl hashs inside out.  I haven't found that yet.  Most of the
stuff I find in the documentation at perldoc are brief and lack any real
indepth discussion of the number of ways to use a hash.

Also, do the archives of this list have an online search feature.  Once
again I can't seem to find any. :-)

TIA,
Mark