Hi,

right, my first attempt at a hash of arrays appears to
have some success...but I have a query:

sub HoA
{
foreach $arb (@uniqueroadname)
{
foreach $doublearb (@contents)
{
if ($doublearb =~ m|$arb|)
{
print "$arb ====  $doublearb\n";
push @temparray, $doublearb;
 $arrayref{$arb} = [@temparray];
}

as far as I've tested, %arrayref contains ARRAY0x23233
-> etc...but I'm trying access that array:

$arrayref{$arb}[0] = will access the first array after
"following" a specific reference? Therefore, do I
access individual elements of that array through
$arrayref{$arb}[0][1]??

at the moment, the structure looks (i hope :) like
this:

%HASH - > Reference (roadname) -> Array 1
                               -> Array 2
                               -> Array 3

i reference the roadname which takes me to the next
tier, and then I can access all the arrays containing
info about that particular roadname (reference)...I
guess it's a one-many relationship...

Ben