On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Mystik Gotan wrote:

> Hiya,

Please do not cross post.

> I'm in search for a solution. Let's say I have this array:
>
> @array (5, 6, 7, 89, 1, 0, 456, 298023, 56);
>
> Now, how can I get the biggest integers from this array and give them a
> string with their place. Let's say I have a foreach loop where I checked all
> the biggest integers (however, I don't know how) and I give them all a
> string like:

What is your critirea for a big integer (do you have a base value in mind)?
There are many ways to do this, one is to sort the array and take all
values after the first element that is greater than the base.

perldoc -f grep
perldoc -f map
perldoc -f sort

Alternately you can use the List::Util module from CPAN

> $website_76 = 1; # position 1
> $website_87 = 2; # position 2

I don't see a 76 or a 87 in the list you have posted, can you clarify you
question? Maybe hashes will be of use to you