Hi,

Anyone know how to write a grep -C in Perl ?

You know, I want to search for a string/regexp in a file and I want to print the line before and the line after the search string.

I've tried a couple of ways and it takes a really long time, I load the file in memory, seach for the string, extract the line number of the string $. subtract one and add one and print the three lines but this can take a very long time.. I don't have grep -C on the system I want to do this.

I've looked at perldoc and the list archives and can't fing any help..

Thanks in advance,

Jerry