I have a cgi that gets variables from a form (only numeric) and that form is sent to a text file to get the information that I need later. What I'm having problems with is that I need some fields to add themselves and display different totals on the same form when a modification is made to one of those fileds. I used a Javascript and tested it on an html, it works, but it doesn't seem to work on my cgi. Is there something I'm doing wrong, is there something else I can do?
Your help will be appreciated. Here is the javascript I'm using and also I attach the cgi.
Thanks in advance.
Janfek Esquivel.

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--

var totalBoxes = 11;
function updateTotal(theform) {
var d1_12 = 0;
for (var i = 1; i < totalBoxes + 1; i++) {
d1_12 -= eval('theform.num'+i).value;
}
theform.d1_12.value = -d1_12;
}

// -->
</script>

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3mf