perldoc -f system
or
perldoc -f exec
or
use of backtick stuff
$script_result=`/<path>/bin/perl script.pl arg1 arg2 `;

HTH,

José.
  "Leon, Yanet I,,DMDCWEST" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : How do I invoke a perl
program from within another perl program? I don't
need to use a module or create one for this purpose. I have a simple script
which performs a replacement:

substitute.pl
#!/pkg/public/bin/perl -pi.bak This edits a file and creates a backup of
the edited. This is why I want to keep it separate, so other users may call
it to
make the replacement when needed.

s/^\#(shell\s.*tcp\s.*\sin.rshd)$/$1/;

I want to call the above script from another longer one to just perform the
replacement passing a file name as the argument. The lines on the calling
file should look as follows:
:
Some other steps.
:
#Editing myfile lines

$myfile="/scratch/scripts/filetoedit";

I must call the substitute script here passing $myfile as argument.

Please, give me some advice to perform this operation.

Regards,

Yanet