Hi John.

See in-line.

"John W. Krahn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> >
> > I am saying that an anonymous array has no name, but it can be accessed
> > via a reference to it.
>
> In that case the reference name is its name

So you are saying that no accessible data in Perl can be anonymous. I doubt
if you believe that; in an earlier post you said:

> No, an anonymous array is delimited by [ and ].  That is creating an
> actual array that is only accessible through an array reference.
>
> my $ref = [ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ];
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>            anonymous array

which seems to contradict what you are saying here. This is an array which,
as Paul says, 'has no name, but can be accessed via a reference to it', that
reference being held in $ref. I'll stick my neck out and say that this is
_identical_ in all respects to

    my @$ref = (1, 2, 3, 4, 5);

which you now say is a named array, with the name 'ARRAY(0x12345678)'.
Certainly it's a valid paradigm, but a very unusual one.

Cheers,

Rob