In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christopher D . Lewis) writes:
>Dear all,
>       I'm writing (as a practice piece, all the better to learn Perl coding)
>what is for me a big, complicated program which has lots of options and
>output possibilities.  And ... heh, heh ... it isn't working.  My
>problem is that the errors Perl coughs up end with:
>
>syntax error at ./nudice-01c line 187, near "sub displayResults "
>syntax error at ./nudice-01c line 305, near "sub rollRequest"
>syntax error at ./nudice-01c line 325, near "while @rawRollArray"
>syntax error at ./nudice-01c line 457, near "}"
>Execution of ./nudice-01c aborted due to compilation errors.
>
>This would be all well and good, except that every text editor I point
>at my program agrees that the actual line count ends at 304.
>
>Ideas?

What line numbers do your text editors say the above statements are
actually on?

Sprinkle a few

        print __LINE__;

statements around and see what Perl thinks the line numbers are.

This program hasn't been near a Windoze system, has it?  Check the
line terminators.

Failing that, show us the thing.

--
Peter Scott