On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 10:31  AM, Peter Scott wrote:

What line numbers do your text editors say the above statements are
actually on?
the errors Perl coughs up end with:

syntax error at ./nudice-01c line 187, near "sub displayResults "
the text "sub displayResults " occurs on line 130, and its closing bracket occurs in line 187.

syntax error at ./nudice-01c line 305, near "sub rollRequest"
the text "sub rollRequest" occurs on line 189, and its closing bracket occurs in line 267.

syntax error at ./nudice-01c line 325, near "while @rawRollArray"
occurs on line 199

syntax error at ./nudice-01c line 457, near "}"
this occurs quite a bit, but the last one is at line 304 (ending sub printHelp). The last "}" which closes a sub which likely contains an error is on line 267.

Execution of ./nudice-01c aborted due to compilation errors.

This program hasn't been near a Windoze system, has it?  Check the
line terminators.
Has been edited in jEdit and vi on a MacOS X system (e.g., Unix line terminators) ...

Failing that, show us the thing.
I've been given some instructions on following the errors in order ... I will see if that helps ... I am thinking that if following the errors in order is a problem I should post the error output and maybe even embarrass myself with my horrible code ... since I'm trying to get used to anonymous arrays and hashes, I have quite a bit of code that looks out of place given the program is set up to iterate through each element and doesn't really need to store the whole data set at once. Ug-ly. I'll be back!
Thanks,
Chris