Hi all,

I just started working with Perl and am having a great time at it.

Quick question regarding the loading of modules.  I am running activestate
perl on my XP machine.

It appears that many of the modules I have looked at seem to have an install
program that is based around make.  The first step is usually to create a
makefile using a perl program (make.pl) that comes with the software.  The
second step is to run make on this makefile that was created.  How is this
supposed to work in a Windows environment when the make is not included?  Is
there a DOS version of make?  I looked on the net with google but could not
find anything obvious.

I also tried to copy some of the *.pm files from the modules into the
perl/lib directory with mixed results.

Can someone give my some background as to what options I have to load new
modules on a Windows machine?

Thanks,

Mark