> Hi listers,
Hodwy!
> i am a perl beginner with an interesting problem (to me atleast :).
>
> Problem Overview
> - ----------------
> Somewhere on the world wide web, exists an asp page with the following
> form -
> <form action="rollresult.asp" method="POST" id="form1" name="form1"
onSubmit="return validate()" target="_top">
These look like 'specs', cool! And I think this format will generate alot of
good 'help'!
> 1 What i can manage
> - -------------------
> i can,
> 1.1 Generate valid numbers.
> 1.2 Extract information from an html page.
>
> 2 What i need to know
> - ---------------------
> i need to know how to,
> 2.1 Enter info in a form at a particular url.
> 2.2 Save the resultant file on locally. (for 1.2 above)
I do not like javascript. There is nothing wrong with it, I just ... well
never mind.
Attached are 2 (javascriptless) scripts, that ask for a number then return
that number's double.
They are meant to represent the script you describe above where the HTTP
request is prepared (sukrit_i.pl) and
its target (sukrit.pl).
Then one can use the LWP::Simple module as follows
perl -MLWP::Simple -e 'getprint
"http://eulerab:62/cgi-bin/sukrit.pl?form1=3"; '
from the command line to see the html output that results.
Both attached scripts are written using the CGI module and  they interact
via the default post method.
I mention this because the LWP example above uses the get method and I am
not sure if other html targets
will be 'smart' enough to handle both/either like CGI is.
Developing a suitable loop to iterate over the required inputs, as well as a
means to direct the output to
a file is left as an exercise ...
HTH and I find your style of posting to be very effective, thanks!

begin 666 sukrit_i.pl
M(R%%.B]097)L+V)I;B]P97)L("UW#0IU<V4@<W1R:6-T.PT*=7-E($-'22!Q
M=R@@.G-T86YD87)D("D[#0IU<V4@0T=).CI#87)P('%W*"!F871A;'-4;T)R
M;W=S97(@*3L-"G!R:6YT(&AE861E<BP@<W1A<G1?:'1M;"P@<W1A<G1?9F]R