Hello
I'm maintaining a 4 year old mod_perl Web application.

Several months ago, this list helped me to get the following working

I spent a couple of hours last night trying to figure out if
there is a way to do this in a single statement.

$val->{'Ammenities' } is set upstream and is a scalar
if a single item is selected, an array if more than one
is selected.

To re-iterate, this code works. I just want to understand
if there is a better way.

if (ref($val->{'Ammenities'}) eq "ARRAY"){
    for ( $keys = 0;$keys<=$#{$val->{Ammenities}};$keys++)  {
       $amen[$keys] = $val->{Ammenities}[$keys];
   }# end for
  } else {
    $amen[0] = $val->{Ammenities};
  }# end if