Have you tried put a semi-colon and space on the end of each users name?

@names=([EMAIL PROTECTED]; ,[EMAIL PROTECTED]; ,[EMAIL PROTECTED]; );

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott, Deborah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 27 January 2003 22:54
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Email function question

>if your file is a text file....
>
>#! /usr/bin/perl -w
>
>$file = "/suidbin/sendmail -t";
>$var = "the_file.txt";
>
>open(FILE, "$var") || die "cant open text file";
>@file = <FILE>;
>close(FILE);
>
>##open pipe to sendmail
>open(MAIL, "|$file") || die "cant open sendmail";
>print MAIL "To: blah\@devnull.bz\n" ;
>print MAIL "From: blah\@cyberspace.org\n" ;
>print MAIL "Subject: Fresh\n\n" ;
>foreach(@file){
>       print MAIL;
>}
>close ( MAIL ) ;
>

>--
>jd
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Bad spellers of the world untie!

The above file works great on my NT server.... but how do I send it to
multiple people? I've tried turning the addressee string into an array, in
multiple ways. An example is the following:

@addressee=("joe_employee\@my.com","jane_employee\@your.com");
foreach $i (@addressee) {
        open(MAIL, "|$file $addressee") || die "can't open sendmail";
        print MAIL "To: $addressee\n" ;
        print MAIL "From: tom_employee\n" ;
        print MAIL "Subject: Email Message\n\n" ;

AND THEN I've put the closing brackets in multiple places... but I get the
error that NO RECIPIENT is specified. Sent to dead letter file.

It works if I only specify one addressee.

Help, again???

--Deborah