Hi,

I think i'm really a newbie, but i spend days looking for a perl/cgi-script able to
work as a cronjob reading my database and sending automaticly generated emails to
adresses in the database selected by a query.
No problem finding something concerning mailinglists, but all of them work with a form
->post.

The only thing the script has got to do is:
connect to a MySQL database
do query
get header data and content (from a MySQL database or text file)
send email to query generated adresses

I want to redevelop a script like this, to let it send automaticly wish cards to my
friends and customors (birthday etc.) and to receive myself, per email, reminders for
impotant events to come.

Thanks for helping me (re-°developing or finding this kind of script!
Martin