From: "John W. Krahn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Peter Farrar wrote:
> > I swear I've called subroutines this way before, but I can't find
> > any examples. In this case, I'm looking to build some time/date
> > functions.  Regardless of what the actual code is supposed to do,
> > the calling of subroutines as elements of a hash is causing me
> > grief.  I am receiving the following message:
> >
> >       Undefined subroutine &main:: called at D:
> > \perldev\workroom\dates\dates.pl line 16.
> >
> > Here is the code.  Can anyone see what I am doing wrong here???
> >
> > TIA,
> > Peter
> >
> > P.S. you can see where I comment out the ccyymmdd_now function.
> > That approach works, but is not what I'm shooting for.
> >
> > %date_formats = (
>
> Make sure you declare %date_formats before you assign to it so the
> 'yyyymmdd' key will see it.

This will not help. Try:

        #!perl
        my %hash;
        %hash = (
                a => 1,
                b => 2,
                c => $hash{a},
                d => $hash{b},
        );

        use Data::Dumper;
        print Dumper(\%hash);

You have to split the hash creation:

        %hash = (
                a => 1,
                b => 2,
        );
        $hash{c} = $hash{a};
        $hash{d} = $hash{b};

        use Data::Dumper;
        print Dumper(\%hash);

Jenda
P.S.: Sorry if I got lost in the code and misunderstood your
suggestion.
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery