On Monday 10 Feb 2003 11:57 am, Rob Dixon wrote:

Hope you do not mind in helping me out but have try what you put below with
know luck. This is what I have do and try many ways

sub main_prog
{

my $counter = 0;
my $counter1 = 0;

$filepos = tell FILEIN;

        for(;;)
        {
                $filepos = tell FILEIN;
                build_db();
                $counter++;
                alert();
                $counter1++;

                print "$counter..$counter1\n";
                }
                sleep 50;
                seek $filein, 0, SEEK_CUR;

sub build_db
{
        seek FILEIN, 0, SEEK_SET;

        while ( <FILEIN> )
        {
#               seek FILEIN, 0, SEEK_SET;
                does the stuff I want it to. # As you can see try different ways

But it still does not work can you maybe point out were I have gone wrong.

--
Thank You

Benjamin Jeeves