Not tested. I am sure there is a more elegant way to do this but this
should do the trick. It will create a new file with the changes. If you
want to edit it inline you will have to do some research.

        #Open files for input and output
        open (IN,"<myfile") or die "Can not open file\n";
        open (OUT,">outfile") or die "Can not open file for writing\n";
        my ($password,$login)=('password','login');
        while(<IN>){
                chomp;
                #Assuming that password is at start of line and only
thing on line.
                if (/^password=/){
                        print OUT "password=\"$password\";";
                        next;