mario kulka wrote:

> Hi,
> I guess I'm lost again on this topic:(
> I'm basically trying the following:
> User logs in -> then he has a choice:
> 1. enter new record
> 2. edit old one
> Once taken to those new pages I somehow must keep the fact that he already
> logged in and at the same time forbid other people from a direct access to
> those pages (choices 1&2). I don't want to use cookies.

Hi Mario,

Although it may not be totally secure [someone really deicated to hacking it could
defeat it by calling the script from their own form] this does a reasonable job of
tracking:  I add a Stage parameter as a hidden input in thelogin form and other
process forms returned by the script.  On the login form, this has a value of
Authentication.  This value then becomes the signal to check User and Password fields
passed in.  After that, the User field is resent with each process form.

Joseph