Here is the perl script being used..
It supposedly takes regex or perl expressions for parameters.. however I

have to search for the following string :

TDS-RES.1.2345678

but when I use the following regex it fails:

peg "TDS-RES/.1/.2345678" MEDLAB*

peg: error in Perl expression: (TDS-RES\.1\.2345678)

Backslash found where operator expected at (eval 1) line 1, near "RES\"

Backslash found where operator expected at (eval 1) line 1, near ".1\"

(Missing operator before \?)

syntax error at (eval 1) line 1, near "RES\"

You have mail in /usr/spool/mail/pegate

what would be the appropriate Perl expression for this search? Thanks,

Steve.

"Steve Lobach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I have a perl script that acts like grep, however, it doesn't totally do
what is expected..
The script is called peg..