--On Sunday, August 10, 2003 7:19 AM -0600 Trevor Morrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When I run my program with "use warnings". I get the following error:

miva_order_check.pl
 line 52, <ORDER> line 40067.

Here is the is offending line of code:

my $sth =$dbh->prepare("UPDATE miva_orders SET
shiptype='$shipping_method',coupon_type='$coupon_type',coupon_amount=
'$coupon_amount' WHERE order_number='$order_number'");

What do I need to do to fix this?

I see no regex here.

As the warning says, one of your variables doesn't contain a value (is uninitialized). Maybe you somehow missed assigning a value, parsed the ORDER file incorrectly, or the data is missing from the ORDER file, or .... If the data is missing from the ORDER file, you need to add code to check for this and decide how to handle it.

--
David Wall