From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 12:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: pdf2txt

I am trying to convert a pdf (and for that matter a postscript) type file
to plain text.  Response to my earlier mail suggested using File:Slurp,
specifically;

#!/usr/bin/perl

use File::Slurp;
use CGI qw/:standard/;

$pdf_guts = read_file("/path/to/my.pdf");

In the above, however, $pdf_guts is an "unintelligible text file" (same
contents and size as the pdf).  What I will really love is a true
conversion script (similar to html2txt).

Thanks to all who responded to my earlier mail.