Why doesn't my rename() work?  It is returning a '1', meaning success (I get
the "has been modified" message below.  Yet when I list the files (ls), it
shows the original file name and my tmp file name.  The rename doesn't seem
to work.

Any ideas?!

    close(IN)  or warn "cannot close file $inFile: $!\n";
    close(TMP) or warn "cannot close file $tmpFile: $!\n";
    $rc = rename($tmpFile, $inFile) or die "Could not rename files: $!\n";
    print "RC = $rc\n";
    if (! $rc) {
        warn "Rename failed:  $!\n";
    }
    else {
        print "File $inFile has been modfied\n";
    }

-Jeff