"Mr. Horace Franklin Jr." wrote:

> Rob,
> Disregard the email below.
> I have one error:
>
>  Software Error:
>  Can't find string terminator "E_FORM" anywhere before EOF at
> cgi_guestbook.cgi line 205.
>
> The code looks good to me.  What does this error mean?
>
> Horace

Is this the first error message returned by the interpreter?  If not, it is probably
meaningless.  The one use of heredoc <<E_FORM in your code [as posted at the base of
this thread] does seem to be properly terminated.  The line numbers are way off,
though.  This is an indication that you have not dealt with earlier errors.  These
earlier errors will often make it impossible for the interpreter to properly parse
code found later.

What is the full message returned on compilation?  What do the lines referred to in
the first error message, and the lines just preceding those, contain?

You MUST deal with error messages one by one, in the order encountered.  Otherwise you
are set adrift in a sea of consequential incomprehension.

Joseph