Rob Dixon wrote:

> Mr. Horace Franklin Jr. wrote:
> > Rob,
> > Disregard the email below.
> > I have one error:
> >
> >  Software Error:
> >  Can't find string terminator "E_FORM" anywhere before EOF at
> > cgi_guestbook.cgi line 205.
> >
> > The code looks good to me.  What does this error mean?
>
> Horace.
>
> This is your code from lines 205 through 217:
>
>   my $form = <<E_FORM;
>  <h3>Sign My Guestbook:</h3>
>  <form action="$url" method="post">
>  </textarea>
>  <input type="submit"></p>
>  </form>
>  E_FORM
>
> Each one has a single space indent. The 'here'
> document must have its terminator ( 'E_FORM' )
> at the left margin.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rob

Hi Rob,

It looks like this error came about in the course of re-formatting.  I looked at
earlier versions of the same script, and the ending tag was flush left.  So also was
the rest of the html.  It probably was a good idea to indent the html, not so good
with the heredoc.  That points up the reason I limit my use of this feature--because I
prefer to preserve the logical indentation of my code, and interposing the intended
indentation of some remote document is seldom compatible with this.

Joseph