Tom Norwood wrote:
I can't find much documentation for this function
and related constructor methods. I would be grateful
for any assistance that can be offered.

I admit I am not to familiar with perldoc but
searching (with and without -q) using 'inheritance',
'constructor' and 'clone' keywords gave me nothing.
Same on CPAN I only got a Clone module which does a
similar job but is sparsely documented also.

Both the Perl books I have (Nutshell and Black Book)
don't even mention it in their index.

'clone' is not a standard Perl function, though any object oriented interface could provide such a method for a particular class. So if you can specify a particular module then help might be provided on whether it provides a means for cloning objects, and how to use said method(s). If you are looking to write your own and for more information on handling inheritance in Perl you should check out Object Oriented Perl by Damian Conway, and/or the following perldoc's:

perldoc perlboot
perldoc perltoot
perldoc perltooc
perldoc perlbot
perldoc perlmod
perldoc perlmodlib

etc....

In particular have a look in your index for @ISA for information on inheritance.

http://danconia.org

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]