From: chad kellerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Jenda,
>   Actually, that's what I started with.  But here is what I found.  If
>   I set
> the $max_processes to 8 in Parallel::ForkManager.  IT would indeed
> spawn off 8 "children".  But as the children finished "died" new ones
> did not take their place.  Not until all 8 children were finished, did
> a new child become present.  And that was only 1 child at a time. Not
> 8.  THat 's why I decided to go  the POSIX route.

I see. That looks like a bug to me. Did you contact the
Parallel::ForkManager's author about this?

>    I di not use Win32::ProcFarm because I am only working on a *nix
>    network.

OK, I did not know.
I'm only working under Windows. So I guess I would not be of much
help for you. What would work for me probably would not for you.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery