Robbie Staufer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a perl script that takes in form data and generates and email
> with the data to be sent to me.  I'm getting the error message
>  Error:Bad or missing From address: '$from_address'.  The webmaster says
> I'm using the correct from address, so, any ideas about this error message?
>
> Thanks.
> Robbie
>
> Here's what I have:

Hi Robbie,

Others have pointed out at least one essential problem, that the single quotes prevent
your variables from being interpolated.  I  don't know for sure if this is part of the
problem, but I noticed something else:

>  Error:Bad or missing From address: '$from_address'.

There is no From address in your script

>         from    => '$from_address',

There is a from address.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I would suggest that if you still have
problems after fixing the literal [single] quotes around your variables, you try From
and To, etc.

And [I can't tell for sure from this snippet, but]...
use strict;

Joseph