Hello Dan,

> Net::IRC isn't the best way in the world of creating an IRC bot. I just use
> IO::Socket, and establish & maintain the connection to IRC myself within my
> own source. Personally that's the better option.

thanks for your advice. Since I didn't get one step ahead with
Net::IRC I switched to IO::Socket. Some simple routines already work
though I still do not know how to detect the modes of a channel or its
users. RFC 2810-2812 either do not provide such an option or I just
cannot find it. :)

Best regards,
oliver.