Hi,

This is not I was asking for!
I'll explain again:
1.  Find all the places where a one specific file (with same name), is shown by read
recursively all subdir of certain directory (it is a trigger file for the rest of my
program). What you wrote is only the top level of the directory.
2. What I'm interested in are the paths of this file in the various directories. I
need to put each of those paths as a variable. (I think in array/hash).
3. then I go to each path & from there pick up another file with same name from all
different paths, then my program will go on.

To make a long story short: I need the readdir switch (or anything else) for digging
into subdir, & a way to put the paths I find in array/hash.
Am I clear enough now?

P.S.
I work on Linux,
?