zentara,

I'm almost exclusively going to go with inline::c
since it adds the power of c and perl together (just
the combination I need!) :)

Problem is, getting the inline.pm module to work. I
don't have nmake and have never needed it. I've always
put the modules into the correct dir structure under
lib and it's worked like a dream, now I'm having to go
through nmake and the whole shooting match...

Any ideas, Beau Cox has been REALLY helpful but I
think I'm annoying him now... :)

Ben