CGI's remote_user()
rturns $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'};
While
sub user_name {
    my ($self) = self_or_CGI(@_);
    return $self->http('from') || $ENV{'REMOTE_IDENT'} || $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'};
}

SO if I'm trying to get the login name I should use user_name since it will return
REMOTE_USER or REMOTE_IDENT

My question is:

What is $self->http('from') ?
Is it possible/likely that $self->http('from') or REMOTE_IDENT will have a value that
is not their authentication username while REMOTER_USER might be but it will never get
to REMOTE_USER since one of the others are defined?

I ask because In Perl in aNutshell it's says user_name() is unreliable but doesn't say
that about remote_user.

TIA

Dan